The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone on here have the Moose brand plow system?
how do you like it?
good points or bad points-let me know

Thanks

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
I've had a 60" Moose since 2004. Used the hand lift for the first three years or so then put a winch on my quad and use it now. I bought it because it was the cheapest I could get at the time thru a local dealer. It's a good, solid plow (as I'd imagine most are). I bought the mount specifically for my quad when I bought the plow....mounts up real nice, two pins hook it up once the mounting bracket is installed.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I like mine. The way it mounts to my yamadog is what I don't care for and it mounts like the guys above.
Only cause I need to remove the mount before riding in the woods because if not and I hit something which is almost a guarantee it will bend the mounting "ears" and then lining the pins up is a problem , plus is doesn't allow the plow to raise as high as I would like when I need it to in order to keep it from dragging on a slope, etc.
But the plow itself is great.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I use a Moose 60" plow on my Grizzly 700 and love it. Very durableand works well. I upgraded my RT30 winch with the plow roller fairlead and synthetic 8 ft long plow rope from Warn and it was an awesome upgrade. Not having 50 feet of rope or cable on the winch drum is much easier on the motor. I like my set-up but i suggest if you use a winch to lift it, getting the plow roller fairlead combined with their 8 ft winch rope. It only cost 45 bucks for both items shipped directly from Warn and they work great. I just put my 50 synthetic rope back on in the spring for normal winching duties. I leave my mount on the bottom but my quad doesnt bottom out much, my Grizzly sits high and has 27 inch tires on it so it has alot of ground clearance

1 - 5 of 5 Posts