The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is a monster buck named free agent and is the worlds biggest buck and in history. scored over 578.
would you pay to hunt him?. first picture at 2 1/2 years old.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
I would not pay to hunt it. To me, that's not even a real whitetail. It's a sub-species that was engineered in a lab. It's like breaking the home run record on steroids. If he escaped his pen and I saw him on SGL, I wouldn't pass him up. But, to me, he's not really even a real whitetail.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Not a nickel to hunt it. But if it escaped, I would not think twice of putting an Easton in it.

But I agree, it looks pathetic. And I doubt without regular bottle feeding it would have a hard time free range.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
That poor guy is downright ugly! Give me a free range 8 point with a 16 inch spread and thick main beams any day of the week.

·
Banned
851 Posts
No I wouldn't pay to hunt him. It's not a wild animal. To me shooting animals like that would be like hunting livestock. I don't know why anyone would pay to do that. For me, the thrill of the chase, the actual hunt wouldn't be there.

It is neat to see though.

·
20,126 Posts
I feel bad for him. Imagine how horrible that monstrosity is to carry around. I'm sure it doesn't know better but it must be a struggle daily.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
kswiggy said:
Very disturbing to think somebody would pay to do a canned hunt for this and then call it HUNTING?

But hey man, Keith "high fence" Warren can explain it better than anybody. just ask him, he will tell you that even though they take the corn from your hand and can not leave the property, it is all good. Because even though the leash is taken off it moments before you enter the enclosure, it is still "fair chase".. Not cool.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Why can't they breed a typical with crazy inches. If they can breed a 500+ inch non-typical, how about a 250" net typical. That would be a site to see.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Pedicel manipulation I would think was involved with this deer. He is really something though.

·
Banned
4,279 Posts
Imo, most PA hunters wouldn't waste their $$$money on such a freak.

Unfortunately they wouldn't grow these zombies unless there was a market...that's reality.
FT

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
gobble561 said:
here is a monster buck named free agent and is the worlds biggest buck and in history. scored over 578.

Here's one from Apple Creek in Wisconsin that scored 610, but I don't know what scoring system was used on either of these bucks.

I saw the antlers from the Apple Creek buck, and if I remember correctly, it was killed by its owner because it had an infection it wouldn't have recovered from. (I don't know how anyone would score bucks like these.)

Steve.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
What a joke these places are. I wouldn't pay one red cent to shoot that thing and I'm not even giving it the credit to use the word hunt. The only hunting you need to do to shoot that pet is to hunt for a backdrop that doesn't include a fence after you shoot it.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Deer breeding in general is a black eye IMHO. It completely ruins the natural allure of a whitetail deer. People are becoming used to it though

1 - 20 of 33 Posts