The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we've been seeing this guy since before archery with hopes of having him come in front of our stands. He was running a large area but met is end the first day of rifle just over the hill behind my house by another lucky hunter. I don't know the truth but have heard he measured 156"

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Whats a 156?

he looks like an awesome 8 point buck who lived his life in Pennsylvania. 99.9% of hunters would be happy to have killed this buck and ate him without putting a "score" on his head.

·
Registered
147 Posts
^^^^^^agreed with everyone else great buck but far from getting in the 150s. It's tough for an 8 to score well, there's gotta be something on the buck that literally makes your jaw drop when you see him.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Let's not get into a scoring argument, I just put on there what I heard. I don't see 156" either and regardless of score it is one of the biggest 8 point bucks I've seen taken. I googled 150" 8 point and can say that this one is pretty close to a lot of those. Either way it's a heck of a buck.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL...I saw that too.

I'll have to see if I can get a better pic of this buck. I have him on trail cam and this pic doesn't do it justice. I believe the spread is pushing 24".

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
clearfield12 said:
Whats a 156?

he looks like an awesome 8 point buck who lived his life in Pennsylvania. 99.9% of hunters would be happy to have killed this buck and ate him without putting a "score" on his head.
Hahahahah I love how you can not have a thread stating a score on this site without someone throwing in the: "you can't eat the antlers or 99% would be happy to kill and eat that buck". Hahahahaha

I hate to break it to you but judging antler size by inches isn't going to stop anytime soon. Get off your almighty high horse.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts