The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyone else hunts rifle with one? last year my buddies [with guns] got no deer ..... i got one..... with my crossbow [2 b]

·
Registered
243 Posts
Ill be hunting with my crossbow on the first day and a slug gun

·
Super Moderator
4,565 Posts
I hunted with a recurve but not my crossbow.I missed a deer one day.When squirrels climb down a tree and sit on your shoulder getting a deer doesn't even come to mind.I even got hit by a grouse flying one day.I love that kind of stuff.Good luck I really hope you score.I will not get a deer because I am taking my 11 year old.Monday is his day.

·
Banned
6,618 Posts
I will hunt with a gun on Monday, but after that, I will likely take out the crossbow. This is mainly because most of my spots are bow only. I enjoy gun hunting "almost" as much as bow.

I have the whole week off, and would normally go to camp in Potter. If I were heading there, I wouldn't even bring the x-bow. But here in Chester County, permission to bow hunt is way easier than permission to gun hunt.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Went out with the crossbow today in rain,saw some doe one good buck to far for bow good gun shot. But thats hunting still rather get one with a bow. there's still time. Good luck

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hunted today.....after the rain.... saw 2 shooters too far for crossbow......cant wait for late season.....!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Yep, sure did use the x-bow. And will use it the rest of the season(s) too. Saw a bunch of deer so far (burned the buck tag in October) just nothing within the magic 30 yards... Well, 1 but it was a tiny one...lol What fun !

·
Registered
207 Posts
went out with my new tornado last monday and seen no bucks. i seen a few doe and took 1, 40 yards. she dropped, i love this bow.i been scouting a nice 8pt all season, i went into me stand yeasterday and found it dead 30 yards away w/slug in butt. what a waste.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts