This past Sunday morning, my wife and I went to church. When we got home, my setter Lilly greeted us at the door like she always does. As I stepped into the house I went into my "man cave" and noticed that several of my fly boxes that were filled with flies were chewed up and scattered on the floor. The first thing I thought of was where were all the flies I had been tying and then an unbelievably sick feeling came over me. I had realized that she had swalled several. As I started going through in my head what was in the fly boxes I realized she had swallowed SEVERAL HUNDRED FLIES that I had tied. I looked in her mouth and down her throat and did not see anything. I was in shock. I called the vet emergency number and they quickly retured my call and said I needed to go to an emergency vet clinic ASAP. At the clinic they took several x-rays and showed us. There were several hundred hooks in her stomach. The unbelievable part and the good news out of all of this was that they were in a big ball in her stomach and they needed to do surgery immediately since there was no way all of them would pass. She went into surgery late afternoon and that evening the vet called me and said they got everything out of her stomach and one from her intestine. The good news was that the surgery went well. I picked her up Monday morning and took her to our vet where they kept her for another day. I am happy to report that she is back home, in some pain but is eating a little and drinking. The next few weeks are going to be tough for my wife and I as she can only be on a leash and has to be confined. I hope she is out of the woods but won't feel comfortable for at least the next few weeks. The most amazing part is that she would actually go on my fly tying bench and take 3 boxes of flies, break the boxes open and swallow them. I feel like it is my fault but I never leave anything open on my bench and the boxes are always there. Anyhow, I guess I just wanted to vent.