The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one of the older Loggy bayou stands that has the metal strap and rubber connections to the tree. It's great but there are times that I wish I had a bit more "bite" into the tree; especially when I'm doing the "Loggy Dance" in getting my feet out of the bungie-straps and getting the seat up and praying that the two pieces of rubber that's holding the stand to the tree don't slip.

So I'm looking for a way to modify my stand so that I can have some "teeth" on to it. Has anyone got any ideas or any aftermarket items that I can add on to my stand to make this happen.

Please PM me if you do.

Thanks,

·
Banned
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm thinking about drilling 6 holes through the rubberized area (3 on either side), tightening 2-3" bolts through the holes with lock nuts on them, and clipping off the threaded ends of the bolts at an angle giving me 6 sharp spikes digging into the tree and equally load balancing my weight. Plus I can still retain the rubber piece in case I have to remove the spikes. Anyone ever try this?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.