The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one of the older Loggy bayou stands that has the metal strap and rubber connections to the tree. It's great but there are times that I wish I had a bit more "bite" into the tree; especially when I'm doing the "Loggy Dance" in getting my feet out of the bungie-straps and getting the seat up and praying that the two pieces of rubber that's holding the stand to the tree don't slip.

So I'm looking for a way to modify my stand so that I can have some "teeth" on to it. Has anyone got any ideas or any aftermarket items that I can add on to my stand to make this happen.

Please PM me if you do.

Thanks,

·
Registered
920 Posts
I don't know anything about modifying it but I used to have one. Your best bet is to get a new stand. If it's the one with web seat I could never get comfortable in it. I had a couple of Loggy's and I have a Summit now. The Summit is very comfortable and bites the tree very well.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Underneath the stand,behind the rubber there are two hollow pieces that run the length of the stand,I took two pieced of flat stock that fit snugly into the channels,and grinded a small point on each one,drilled a hole through them,through the channels,and bolted them fast,leaving them stick out about an inch.they really bite into the tree,they will not slip.if you want pictures,pm me your email adress,I can send some tomorrow.

·
Registered
853 Posts
fishkrane said:
Underneath the stand,behind the rubber there are two hollow pieces that run the length of the stand,I took two pieced of flat stock that fit snugly into the channels,and grinded a small point on each one,drilled a hole through them,through the channels,and bolted them fast,leaving them stick out about an inch.they really bite into the tree,they will not slip.if you want pictures,pm me your email adress,I can send some tomorrow.
I bought a stand that had this done. Seemed to work alright.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm thinking about drilling 6 holes through the rubberized area (3 on either side), tightening 2-3" bolts through the holes with lock nuts on them, and clipping off the threaded ends of the bolts at an angle giving me 6 sharp spikes digging into the tree and equally load balancing my weight. Plus I can still retain the rubber piece in case I have to remove the spikes. Anyone ever try this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts