The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking about buying a 94 Winchester 30-30. the stock has a silver dollar in it done by my brother. said he had to bend the back sight a little bit to get it on target. he wants $200.00 for it.what do you think? I think it is a pretty good deal for a 94 Winchester.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
turns out it is a pre 64 .the manufacturing date is between 1943 and 1948. no records for the serial numbers for those years.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The dollar in the stock killed any real value but 200 is very good for a decent condition gun in good mech working order. Records do exist for those years but are harder to find. I can help if you want to know exactly. If the band at the end of the gun holding the barrel and mag tube is flat and not rounded that narrows it down!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Well then it wasn't made from April of '46 through mid Dec of '48. It's either early 40's or the very last of the '48s. Message or post the serial on the bottom of the receiver and we can probably find out, if that interests you. If not, then enjoy hunting with an old American classic!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
That's a family heirloom right there. If I gave 200 bucks for something like that....I'd feel guilty.

But I would honor him by taking it into the field and shooting deer.

·
Registered
5,790 Posts
I bought one a few years ago during the 43 era. What I liked about that was it was during the war and maybe my guess it got made at end of week when the war effort quota was done. Guess I will never know but would like to think that. Took it out last year and couldn't hit anything with it but was fun. Have to brush up on open sights.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Confused why the back sight needed bent to get it on target? For windage you bump the sight in its dovetail left or right.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts