The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 50 cal hopkins&allen black powder flintlock with brown barreled, rifled , stamped Spain model 29. In need of the inserts on the bottom of the barrel where the pins secure it through the stock or repaired. Replacement parts?? Age? I can't find any info on a mod 29 Hopkins and Allen or a parts list or diagram of this exact rifle. Any help would be great as well as what is it worth ? Is it worth repairing?

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
You need the little things dovetailed into the bottom of the barrel? The wedges slide thru them?

They are called lugs, and it llooks like it has wedges vs. pins. And being it is a spanish gun, I am guessing Jukar or Dikar? Most have the same parts as CVAs. Call these folks, they sell old CVA parts. You need wedge underbarrel lugs.

Deek Creek Products- 765-525-6181

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I have the identical rifle and I just re-stocked it. I think you're looking for replacement underlugs that go on the bottom of the barrel. I damaged one while restocking mine. The Thompson Center Hawken underlug is a virtually identical replacement. That's what I used. You can find them on e-bay.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
A little history on these rifles-they were sold through Numrich, which is now Gunparts Corp. The barrel is rifled for roundballs. The lock has always sparked reliably. I bought mine in the mid-80s, and took deer with it in 1985 and 1989. I have kept it as a spare/loaner because it's been so reliable. When the stock developed a crack, I bought a maple pre-carved halfstock and re-stocked it. I'd rate this rifle overall superior to CVA, and a better sparking lock than the TCs of that era.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys yea the lugs are damaged but still holds the barrel tight an what is a value on this when I replace the lugs? I'm looking for a smaller caliber so this will find a new home or it will get oiled up and hung depending on value or like one of you stated a loaner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts