The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had an idea what a winchester model 12 skeet 12 ga may go for. I have plenty of shotguns so I probably won't use it but my buddy needed a kitchen table and I was getting rid of mine so I just traded him the shotgun for it. I didn't look closely at it yet but it does have a cutts compensator and has the word "skeet" stamped on the barrel. Below is a pic of one similiar.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Re: Model 12 skeet

I was told that if the barrel is stamped with the choke than the cutts is an add on. According to the Blue book of gun values that would cut the value in half.

I looked it up because I have the same gun in 16 gauge with the same issue but that was a few years ago, you might want to double check.

·
Banned
1,344 Posts

What a sweet shot gun, I think I would just have the cutts removed and you would have a fine short barreled open choked grouse gun.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts

You might want to have someone take a look at that gun for you, the figuring in the butt stock seem awful nice for a standard Mod 12.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Yeah, mine doesn't have the same figuring that one does. That stock almost looks after market.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts

It wouldnt cost you anything to run it up the the Sportsman's Shop and let Jim the gunsmith take a look at it.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts

You got the better end of the deal. I agree with the Cutts being added to that one, Skeet chokes are almost wide open, so a previous owner did that to tighten her up for hunting. Alot of trap and skeet guns had nicer wood. If you want to trade her back, I have a few nice dining tables! LOL!

·
Registered
2,164 Posts

Several years back I saw a beat up Model 12 Skeet in
20 gauge for a pretty good price. Of course it was gone
when I went back the next day to buy it.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

LOL...I think I'm good on the dining tables. We actually bought an antique mahogony table with the new house we bought which is why I didn't need mine any more. I probably will trade or sell this gun as I don't think I'll have a need for it. I already have 2 .410 sxs, a model 12 16ga and a 12ga SX3 so I don't see me ever using it. I was just curious as I don't know much about them. I'll see if I get can some pics loaded up.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I just took some pictures of the gun and will upload them tomorrow. From what I see the forend is the same as the one pictured but the stock looks to be different. I also forgot to mention that its a model 12 in 28 gauge. What difference does that make? Also, is it possible to buy an original stock?

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here are some pics I took last night. Sorry for the quality but I used my camera phone. The gun could probably use a good cleaning but actually isn't in bad shape.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts