The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MOD TA76 Cylinder

I have a Tanfoglio TA 76 in .22LR (6 shot revolver) that in good condition.I liked to find a .22 mag cylinder for this revolver.This firearm is no longer made,so there's no parts to be found.Heritage Arms makes a Rough Rider .22cal that IMHO is the same revolver.The only difference is the Rough Rider is made in the US.They make a combo in the .22 cal LR & Mag and sell the cylinders.I e-mailed them and their reply was that cylinders were made for the Rough Rider only.I think this was the reply because of liability issues.My question is does anybody have any experience with these revolvers and the interchangeability of there parts?

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Re: MOD TA76 Cylinder

If a cylinder is not made and timed for a specific gun it will not work properly.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

John,I understand what your saying.But the Tanfoglio was made in Italy and imported thur Excam Inc in Fla.Now Heritage also from Fla. makes these revolvers and their designed is the same as the Tanofoglio according to their parts diagram on their web site.Its like Heritage has their patent.Just thought somebody might have some exprience on these firearms.Maybe I'll try another handgun forum.Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Guess I could find a dealer in Heritage Arms that has a Rough Rider and compare cylinders.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts