The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious ... How many folks hunt from trees stands verse blinds ... or just off the ground using natural cover.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I actually jsut still hunt. I'm not much of a sitter. A slow walk through the woods is a much more effective way to hunt than planting your butt in a tree for the day and hoping that someone moves the deer for you.

·
Registered
166 Posts
duckman76 said:
I actually jsut still hunt. I'm not much of a sitter. A slow walk through the woods is a much more effective way to hunt than planting your butt in a tree for the day and hoping that someone moves the deer for you.
Same here, and it panned out this Saturday. I sit in the same spot for 40+ hours a week at work - so I like to move around a litte when I'm out in the woods.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I mix up tactics. But I usually spend the early morning hours in one of my tree stands, over looking some doe travel routes.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
When I hunt mornings, especially during the early season, I stand hunt until mid morning, then will walk around. When I hunt afternoons and evenings, I take a stand and stay put. I'd rather be stationary in the low light of evening. I'd rather see moving deer than the deer seeing a moving hunter.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I do all 3. Last 2 years I've taken a weeks vacation the week of the early ML season. I use the week to scout new leases and put some meet away. I like to sit, be it a tree stand or ground blind, but when I'm new to the property I have to get moving to check it out.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
I voted using natural ground cover but I like to still hunt
some places and stand hunt on others. All the deer that I
shot so far in the early MZL season have been when I was
still hunting.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts