The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I ordered my Jim Chambers York kit in November and so far I have the barrel and breach plug. I sure wish I had the whole kit as I would have enjoyed spending some quality and intense time on it these last 2 days, between shovling snow. I called the other day and apparently the guy who roughs out the stocks is a bit behind the power curve. It happens and that how it goes. So far I have called a few times relative to the shipping status and spoke with Barbie, Jim himself and a lady that I assume is his wife. What a great bunch of folks and every time I call, we fall into a conversation that is delightful and so personal that I fell like I know these folks. So, for now I'll crack open Vol 5 of the Foxfire series and take another look at the SmartFlix CD on stock carving and just wait it out. Sure wish I had that stock and furnature...... sigh

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Jim,

That is one fine chunk of metal and wood! Your gonna like that when you get it all done. Take some pic's of it in progress if you think of it.

I'd like to see 'em if you have the time to post 'em.

Dave

·
Registered
731 Posts
Just ordered another York kit from them Monday. Yes, they are great folks! We got to spend a good deal of time with Jim and his wife last weekend at the Lewisburg show, since the snow had kept the crowd down.

·
Registered
12,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I spoke with Jim's wife on Monday (I suppose it was her - Barbie was ill) she said they just got back from the show and had a wonderful time. And I did not make it there -- feeling like a LOSER now....

·
Registered
12,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DaveT -- I will do that. My daughter has a camera and knows how to post pics. I, on the other hand, apparently have technology skills limited to changing the battery in the wirelse mouse.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
They get most of my business--like I said They are good honest folk!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts