The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw my first mink in at tree this week in OH. I have seen many over the years but did not realize they climb.....

·
Registered
82 Posts
I caught my first ever mink last night. After reading and talking to a few good mink trappers it paid off.Think this one might get mounted.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I can tell you ALL of my mink (4) stories. And they are all identical stories: "Hey, look at that, there's a mink in my muskrat trap!"

·
Registered
82 Posts
I found a area on the property I have to trap.Its a small stream that runs threw the middle of a small wood lot surrounded by feilds. I have been setting coon traps there and took a few coon.I made a coon set and about 5 feet from it I saw where the bank has been cut away under a tree. I left setting the coon trap and went to look.There under the bank was alot of mink tracks under the bank. I went back to wheeler and got a 110,set it in the water where the cut out of the bank met.Set the 110 put some long grass on the spring and went back and pulled the coon set.Six days later got a nice buck mink. I set the trap on sunday,sat I was bear hunting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts