The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what r there travel habits had tracks for 3 weeks b4 season now nothing since they came into season? i blind set the crap out of the crick behind the house with high hopes of nabbing one but nothing.will take some pict tomarrow and try to post them to see if im doing something wrong my first try at water trapping this yr.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
you can learn alot by following the tracks in the snow. they will check out nearly every hole and enter the water at nearly every overhang along creek banks. keep the traps out long enough in a good spot and eventually they will return

·
Registered
399 Posts
Set bridges and culverts. Lone rooty sycamore trees along trout streams growing along bank. Conibear all openings and neckdown wide holes.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I caught one the first day and then 10 days till the next.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
heres some pict of sets i got out.
i got a 1.5 in this one in between the rocks in the wATER.

i set both sides of the bridge half way through it next to the wall or will they run the rocks in the middle of the bridge insted of swimming the sides?

·
Banned
4,586 Posts
nice pics
mink like to hug the edges so they'll probally hug the walls
Set the bridge with 1.5s
I would block the one side of the pipe with rocks leaving just enough room for a 1.5

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
didnt take a pict of it but i do have a 1.5 about 5ft down from that set and i have one on the other side of the pipe to. not sure if its worth going up stream any more thats all in my moms back yard. got a weasle there last yr in a box with a 110 in it but the mink wouldnt go in them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts