The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made 4 mink boxes this year, with 110 conibears like I have seen on youtube videos etc, and tried various lure/bait combinations. Large mink tracks checking one out before moving on was the closest I came to connecting. I was wondering if anyone else uses them in SW PA with any luck. Also what ARE the best baited mink sets? I've tried building rock cubbies, pocket sets, elbow sets, etc and it seems like the only mink sets that ever work for me are simply blind sets.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
I've never tried boxes but seeing how they didn't work for you means that I may not try them. I love experimenting with different sets but All of the mink I caught were in baited pocket sets or bottom edge sets. I'm not big on blind sets but they probably account for more mink than any other set.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you fellows for the responses. it's tough to always find a perfect place for a blind set. i caught a bunch of coon in my pocket sets. this year i caught 1 large buck mink and 1 large female in old muskrat dens and a large buck mink on a natural shelf gaurded by two 1-1/2 longsprings. i've just never had much luck with using lure and/or baited sets for mink. i always seem to catch them only in blind sets...doesn't seem like they respond well to bait/lure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts