The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been tom Mines and Meadows? Nice Place.

A little video inside the mine. ONly light was from the headlights.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I might be going on sat, if you go pay the extra $5 for the mine tour. your only in the mine for 10 minutes but its 50 degrees in there, a nice break from the heat. I'll be on a bright green brute force with my kid on his prairie, say hello.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When we went on Tuesday it was warm out but there is a lot of shaded trails that made it nice. The mine was very cool and sure did feel good on a hot day. There was a lot of water in it when we were there. Check out the cars that are inside the mine. Not sure why anyone would have them in there.

You ride throught the "unfininshed" part of the mine. I wouldn't mind exploring more of it but don't think they would do that. LOL

It was a nice day riding.
Took us 4 hours to get there but it was different ride. How often can you find a place to ride in a limestone mine?

·
Registered
702 Posts
How is the trail system there? Is the mine the only attraction or is there some good riding too?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They say that there is 60+ miles of trail. I am not real sure about that because we didn't cover them all. We rode for about 3 hours then took the mine ride. We were only there for the day so we left right after. (4 hour drive each way)

·
Registered
871 Posts
Been there. The power line hill climbs towards the back of the property are pretty cool.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts