The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year I bought a Millenium hang on.I liked everything about it except it was a touch on the heavy side and the platform squeaked when was wet.This year,they redesigned the stand a little and it's a huge improvement.They now use a grate type platform and that seems to have solved the squeaky issue.They also lightened it up by a few lbs.It's not the 11 1/2 lbs that they claim but it is light enough.They also included a pretty nice set of back pack straps that has a chest adjustment.I have to do modifications of some sort but with this stand,all I did was add a bow holder to the seat portion.

There are many thing I like about this stand.First of all,it's about as comfortable as a stand can be.It packs nice without rattling and it takes literally seconds to put up.It slides into a steel reciever that you can leave in the tree.I can climb to my hunting height,take it off my back and slide it into the reciever within seconds.It has two small bungees that hook to buttons that keeps the stand from unfolding.It's a little on the pricey side but well worth it in my opinion.About the only improvement would be an adjustable platform.Overall though,probably the nicest hang on I've ever used.

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
I ordered one from Walmart and got an email later that day saying it was backordered so I canceled it. It does look comfortable and all the reviews I've seen look good.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
I sold 12 treestands prior to the season, mostly cheap steel hang-ons that start to squeak after about the second year you own them. No sense in owning a treestand if its going to cost you a deer someday, I just wish my wife understood that. I have been upgrading to better aluminum hang-ons and plan on getting a few Millenums.

·
Registered
20,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have last year's model that I'd sell for $100.I want one more of the new ones.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
dce probably not ready to buy one right now, I have 5 hang-ons and 3 climbers and headed to southern Ohio this weekend for an early season hunt. I am probably looking at next year and buying the new ones also

1 - 7 of 7 Posts