The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should the Steelers find a way to keep him? Right now, any team could just put a high roster bonus on the offer sheet and the Steelers would be pretty hard pressed to match since they are so cap ugly.

So what do the Steelers do? Is he that important as a deep threat? What if Wallace goes to the Pats?

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I hope they can keep him, he is a great young receiver.......

That being said I also wouldn't be too concerned if someone else picked him up, I dont think it would be the end of the world.....they have enough talent with brown and sanders then they could probably sign cotchery......as well....

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What position in the draft? LB, NT, OL, best available?

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I know this is a link to a Ravens blog, but this guy seems to think that it would be hard for the Steelers to keep Wallace.

Late for Work 2/20

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Keep Wallace, but don't overpay, especially since he seems to disappear late in the season. We want guys who are at their best in January, not September. Don't gut the defense for him. Honestly, we haven't won any rings with Wallace, we can win no rings without him just as easily. As far as draft, offensive line and corner would be where I look to improve. LB is something that grow here in Pittsburgh. NT would be nice, but I think the Big Snack will be fine for another season. Low round fullback. NO WIDE RECEIVERS!!! Perhaps a project player at safety.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Buckethead said:
They always have the franchise tag too.
Yes, but I think that will run about 12 million or some crazy number like that. Wallace is not worth 12 mill.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Honestly, with Gilbert protecting Ben's blind side, I expect Wallaces numbers to go down. Ben will have to unload the ball almost before the snap to keep from getting killed. It is entirely possible that Ben's blindside will be protected by the likes of Marcus Gilbert and Chris Kemoatu.

·
Banned
344 Posts
Wallace has shown that he is only a deep threat and only if he outrun the defender. very rarley did you see him up in the air fighting for the ball. I dont think they should overpay, in a few years he will lose some of that speed.

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd say dump Mendenhall, get Redman and Clay going and view Wallace as a luxury not a necessity.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
I'm not sure that they can cut Spinderella right now, since he's hurt. He'll be on the PUP list. Redman/Clay/Dwyer is something I am very comfortable with, as long as we have someone in the backfield with them as lead blocker. LeRon McClain is going to be a free agent. Of course, Ray Rice is also going to be possible be a FA. It will be a king's ransom he will command, rightfully so, but that would be helpful on two fronts. 1, he's definitely better than Mendenhall could ever dream of being, and 2, he won't be playing for the Ravens, and wouldn't be able to kill us. Ain't gonna happen, but it's nice to dream...

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Maybe we could swap NE the Law Firm for Wallace and throw in Mendenhizzle.

·
Registered
12,676 Posts
I believe I heard on the radio the other day that if the Steelers franchised Wallace it is about 9-9 1/2 Mil.

·
Registered
20,463 Posts
Keep in mind that Wallace is a restricted free agent. If he gets singed away, the team that gets him has to give the Steelers their first round draft pick.

·
Banned
344 Posts
True, but that pick could be late round if it would be the Patriots or Ravens or a playoff team

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Right on Stein, that's why I say look out for Wallace going to NE.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
PossumBackstrap said:
Right on Stein, that's why I say look out for Wallace going to NE.
No Baltimore??? Anquan Boldin, Torrey Smith and Wallace would be deadly.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts