The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Although that article is more about Lessers and Ross's geese, where as the Greaters were not as productive as the Mid-continent colonies.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Well, regardless of the hatch, we'll be out there hunting them. I think with the way last year was the only way we can go is up. Let's hope so anyway.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hunts_with_stick said:
Can anyone recommend where to go and who to go with for snows? That is one bird I have wanted to shoot for a long time now.
Waterfowlers Inc. is a good one to go with.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
andy dively said:
Although that article is more about Lessers and Ross's geese, where as the Greaters were not as productive as the Mid-continent colonies.
The eastern arctic is also looking good, says Dr. Jim Leafloor, a research scientist for Environment Canada who just returned from a banding program on Baffin Island. “We’re expecting good production on Baffin, for all species, not just snows,” says Leafloor. “On South Hamption Island it’s the same deal, so the eastern arctic seems to be doing well this year.”

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
ill second the andy dively. he knows what hes doung. also 2nd his snow goose report. we have mostly greater snows in our flyway, so the lesser report doesnt affect us too much.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm not arguing about that Mark, but the Greaters did not have the productive breeding season the Lessers and Ross' did. When he says a "good" hatch that just means average. I think we can expect a better hunting season this year compared to last year. Thanks for posting the story.

Thanks for the kind words guys !!

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah I understand what you were saying. Well I hope it better then last year. With all the snow last year and those days where it gets so warm it screws us. We finally get a CO season but hasn't really help us yet. Maybe this will be the year.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts