The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Midwest Muley Tresspass Hunt

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Ralph46 
#1 ·
I know I probably wont get an answer from anyone here, but can anyone point me in the right direction for a Tresspass hunt. Ive done some research online and havent came up with much. Thanks!

#2 ·
I don't know what exactly a "trespass" hunt is but I would have to assume it has something to do with paying a landowner a fee to go on their property to hunt for whatever species you are pursuing.
So I would also assume you need to have a hunting license and maybe "tags" for the state and species you will be in and hunt.
So basically you are looking for a list of possible ranches that allow people to hunt their properties for this "trespass" fee?

Unless this is something that the state WCO's frown upon, they would be a good starting point. Much like PA cooperative hunting program with landowners.

Good luck,

#3 ·
When I was out im Wyoming hunting antelope we would knock on doors when we saw game on someone's property and some ranchers allowed us for free and others wanted a traspass fee or harvest fee. Where I shot my antolope I paid $50. One rancher wanted $500 for the week right next door to a ranch where the owner allowed us to hunt there for free. Good luck

#5 ·
I hunted near the town of Gillette, Wyoming a few times between 2005 & 2010, I may still have a listing of ranches that allowed trespass hunting for a fee, if you are really serious, send me a PM, and I'll see if I can dig it up. I know the Wyoming Game Commission used to publish a listing of ranches that allowed trespass fee hunting not sure if they still do or not, but it's worth a try. You may also want to contact the chamber of commerce in the area you plan to hunt and see if they can help you out.

#6 ·
Montana has a list of ranches that allow hunters on their land for free. Different ranches list game available on their property. My son and I did that for bird hunting and many of these properties list deer as being available, both whitetail and mulies. Check their web site or call them. They are usually very helpful.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.