The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got pulled for the second hunt on January 18th.

Anyone else get pulled?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I got drawn , looking foward to it!!!

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
Co-worker got drawn for the 2nd day.I scratched again.

·
Banned
629 Posts
Haven't seen anything in the mail. Guess I didn't draw one.

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jec turkeydad said:
I got drawn , looking foward to it!!!
1st or 2nd hunt?

Look me up if it's the 2nd hunt.

I'll be the BIG guy.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Sorry, the second hunt on the 18. will do!

·
Banned
629 Posts
Still some bucks around there. Kicked 3 legal shooters out while putting on a couple pushes the 2nd friday of rifle in the adjoining GL.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Drawn for the 2nd hunt on the 18th. I was looking forward to going till I received notice that I was also picked for Federal jury duty in Harrisburg for the month of January.

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds good jec turkeydad! RBH, let me know if you can make it. PT, thanks for the heads up! I still have my buck tag. Maybe I'll draw one there?

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
Sounds like the 1st hunt tomorrow will be a wet one.Should be more killed on the 2nd hunt if weather holds.

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Both times I got pulled previously I hunted in the rain with my flintlock. The last time was like a hurricane. I'll be better prepared this time. If they're calling for rain I'll take the pop-up blind.

Would much rather be in my Summit climber though!

·
Registered
6,700 Posts
Drove around MC today, rain was falling and I said to myself, there will be alot of misfires today.
Heard a few shots, lots a hunters, one truck had a small doe on the back.
But I did see 10 deer come running out of MC, 3 were rack buck.
Pigger, guess where I was sitting in my truck when I saw these deer?

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Goosehunter said:
Pigger, guess where I was sitting in my truck when I saw these deer?
Hopefully at the farm you lease! Right where I plan to be up in a tree on January 18th! I have two tags, one a buck tag. Maybe I can get pulled for a buck tag? If not two big doe would be sweet!! The one year I was hunting there I saw a guy drag 3 doe out of that spot. Jr thinks I should walk deep into Middle Creek. I'm thinking about going inside your lease area Charlie.

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
Checked at 2:30.Had 19 killed,1 buck.Saw 2 more loaded on the way so that would be at least 21.
WCO told me a guy was drawn for a buck tag.He went out and forgot his posibily bag.He had a rack stand broadside and he could do nothing.
Helped a guy load one about 10:00 that he got with a 20ga fowler custom he built.Said it was a 20yd shot.

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the update! You gonna be around there Jan 18th?

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
Didn't get drawn.Probably work that day unless it snows then I'll hunt 5C.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Pigger,
You gonna have room for 2 in that pop-up blind if it's raining? I could bring breakfast!

Seriously though I hope I can make it.

·
Banned
629 Posts
410-er said:
Checked at 2:30.Had 19 killed,1 buck.Saw 2 more loaded on the way so that would be at least 21.
WCO told me a guy was drawn for a buck tag.He went out and forgot his posibily bag.He had a rack stand broadside and he could do nothing.
Helped a guy load one about 10:00 that he got with a 20ga fowler custom he built.Said it was a 20yd shot.
Never hunted the MC special hunts. How does this harvest rank with past years?

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
About less than half what it used to be.About 10-15yrs back I was drawn.Saw 2 yotes one that WAS running a deer.They gave strict instruction "NO SHOOTING YOTES".

·
Registered
6,700 Posts
410-er was right on the money. Final totals for the day were 21 deer, one was a 9 point.

First year they had the hunt I believe the total was around 50 something. HR has also come to MC!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts