The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,025 Posts
bbd!5b said:
I would say its a more of a predator issue due to the low numbers. A lot people over look how many eggs a raccoon or snapping turtle can eat. I know Middle Creek is loaded with them. The managers at Middle Creek should be worried about the high numbers of predators with in the the limits. If they could get a few trappers in there it would be almost certain the geese population would increase.
Good point! I hunted near a dead deer carcass during the special deer hunt inside Middle Creek this past year. Saw two red foxes and a beautiful coyote.

I think part of the problem is also habitat. There's a reason the snows and migrating canadas are not hitting it as hard as they used to. The birds don't know about predators but they do know what habitat they prefer.

· Registered
2,025 Posts
I'd love to see the PGC open Middle Creek to hunting snows from the pits after the canada season closes. Don't know if that would cause the snows to permenantly leave Middle Creek or not? Hate to see the snows permenantly leave but not sure that would be a bad thing for the other wildlife and waterfowl there. Kinda have mixed emotions on this issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.