The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
Mike Vick is not a pocket QB. Any attempt at his being so will result in stuff like this. He runs like a scared rabbit and has a cannon for an arm. He needs to remember that and keep his butt moving.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
wonder if the dogs were able to complain to the refs when they got hurt ?

he's a chump....he deserves no sympathy...ZERO !

·
Banned
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nothing less should be expected from an Eagles' quarterback.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I wonder if the guy donte stallworth hit got protection from the refs. oh yeah I forgot nobody cares about him because he's not cute and cuddly and innocent. donte got less than year in jail for being drunk and killing a guy and vick is the one with every "chump" up his butt years after he's been released from jail for financing a dog fighting ring. give. me. a. break.

anyways...if it were tom brady taking these shots thered be a flag on every play. true statement. theres absolutely a double standard in this league for pocket qb's vs. mobile qb's .

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
THAT is the rub DC. I am a Steeler fan but I get tired of seeing Qbs not named Manning, Brady, Brees or Rodgers not getting the calls when they get creamed. I am not a fan of the league putting skirts on the QBs but they need to call it fairly and consistently.

I could make an argument that Vick, Cutler, and Roethlisberger get hit late more than anyone yet rarely get the calls. Meanwhile, if you break wind in the general direction of Brady, there will be flags all over the field.

Having said that, Vick needs to get rid of the ball quicker and that O line needs to start stopping SOMEONE.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Watched his post game comments. Too big for his britches already, inked an overly generous contract and thinks he's the real deal, without proving himself.
He's a zero and a crybaby! "don't know why I don't get the 15yd flag like everybody else do" lol
Way to stay consistent Philly.

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
It seems like you Pittsburgh fans should have enough to worry about with your side of the state. After getting owned by Baltimore and squeaking by a dismantled Colts team and all.

·
Banned
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This has nothing to do with Pittsburgh fans. It has to do with Vick and his ridiculous comments and attitude.

·
Registered
25,518 Posts
HEY! If we're gonna have comments about QBs wearing skirts, let's give credit where it is due!

Years ago in the preseason, Curt Gowdy interviewed Jack Lambert and asked Jack if the then-new "in the grasp" rule was enought to protect QBs, or was there anything else the NFL could do?

Jack put on a pensive face for Curt, then said "Well, they could make them wear skirts?".

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
Dan Castle said:
....anyways...if it were tom brady taking these shots thered be a flag on every play. .....
Did anyone see when he threw the interception yesterday and the Bills scored? If you didn't, take the most pathetic looking attempt of a kicker to tackle someone, X 1 million and you will get the picture.
Oh, wait.... He didn't even make an ATTEMPT!!!! How much did they lose by...????

Back to Vick - Every one will see how tough he is.... Depending on where his hand is "broke", which I hear is his non-throwing hand, they should be able to "tape 'er up". A QB's non-throwing hand does take the blunt of a snap (the throwing hand is in the "junk" of the center). Not knowing where the "break" is, its kind of tough to call him out yet.

I still don't like the Eagles.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
The only thing roethlisberger has ever proved is that he is perfectly capable of throwing away any game at any given time. He is without a doubt the most overrated starting qb in the league. Oh yeah, and sometimes he'll sober up by the 4th quarter and make intelligent plays in the last 2 minutes.

The Eagles problem right now is not so much the offenseive line. Reid will show fleeting glimpses of establishing a running game with the fastest and most elusive rb in the nfl and when he does that Vick can take over the game as well as any qb right now. Considering the alternative is waiting for it to heal, most likely with surgery, I think vick will play next week.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Dan Castle said:
The only thing roethlisberger has ever proved is that he is perfectly capable of throwing away any game at any given time. He is without a doubt the most overrated starting qb in the league. Oh yeah, and sometimes he'll sober up by the 4th quarter and make intelligent plays in the last 2 minutes.

The Eagles problem right now is not so much the offenseive line. Reid will show fleeting glimpses of establishing a running game with the fastest and most elusive rb in the nfl and when he does that Vick can take over the game as well as any qb right now. Considering the alternative is waiting for it to heal, most likely with surgery, I think vick will play next week.
Hahahaha! Roethlisberger the most overated? Look at what Philly gave a runningback to play quarterback. If anybody is an overated quarterback, it's Vick. He's a runningback that throws the ball. That's all he ever was, and all he ever will be. He'll never win a championship. He played nice for a couple years until he got his contract again. Now you're seeing the real Vick. His attitude is garbage. He can't stay healthy because he runs far too much. And he makes poor decisions with the ball.
What should the rest of the league do? Should they pull up on Vick so he can pull the ball down and run? Get real. If you want calls like Brady and Manning get, play like they do. Don't put him in a league with those quarterbacks. He is nothing like them and doesn't belong in the same conversation. Not even close. People in Philly wanted the Mike Vick experience. Well, they got it. And their team paid heavily for it. They would have been better off keeping Kolb and trading Vick.

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
Since they've both been in the league about the same time, compare Vick vs. Ben's stats. Oh, and feel free to throw in those two shiny things Ben is wearing.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Don't argue with Pittsburgh fans on these forums. They think every athlete that comes through their city is the greatest thing on earth. You won't find more stubborn fans anywhere else.

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
Just saying he's better than Vick and not a crybaby when he gets hit. Maybe if Vick learned some timing and anticipation (Ben should too) he wouldn't get hit as much.

·
Banned
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Once again, this is about Vick and what a poor sportsman he is.

It has nothing to do with Ben. And for the record, I don't like Ben. Not even a little.

As usual, those who have nothing try to conjure up irrelevant information about nothing to deflect the facts of the OP.

FAIL!!!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Oh yes, the rings. How great it is to own the lowest qb rating of any winning qb in super bowl history. that certainly proves a lot.

Steelers: NFL officials aren't protecting Ben Roethlisberger

Seems like EVERY WEEK a steeler is complaining about roethlisberger not getting protection from officials. oh no! not your perfect steelers! at least when vick gets hit he doesn't immediately throw the ball to the other team or self-destruct in a fit of fumbles. For 3 weeks vick has been getting hit after the whistle and after throwing the ball. For the last 2 weeks it probably cost the Eagles the game. thats not being a poor sport, its being frustrated. if you're going to create a standard of sportsmanship you should probably check your own team first.

·
Banned
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This story is about Vick. He said what he said. Period.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts