The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last thur needed to shoot in the new broadheads was using 100 rage changed to 125 rage for crossbow. So shot the first bolt just a bit low at 20yds make slight adjustment up and second shot dead center. Went pulled them came back and moved back to check 30yd and bam forgot to put a bolt in. What a dumb mistake, well shooting string broke and cam on the right-hand side is bent at the post where the string attaches. So call Horton get return number, then off to ups it to them. Got email this am that vision has arrived in Kent at the dock. Now just waiting to see how much other damage was done that I was unable to see and what the $$$ damage will be. Hoping not to much or might just pay me to buy a bare Fury and use the old scope, vandetta, camera, and quiver mount.

·
Registered
18,707 Posts
The new Horton RDT bows have the adf. Imo, a adf is a must for non recurve bows.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I know Excaliber used to offer a "dry fire" rebuild for a nominal fee. I sent back quite a few when I sold them for customers that forgot to load a bolt before they dropped the string. Do they still do that or has that service stopped?

·
Registered
121 Posts
The limbs now typically don't break but if they do they don't hassle you about a dry fire they just fix it no charge, I had this happen to a friend not me personally.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts