The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna put some traps out after deer season to try to catch a fox or two. I'm new to trapping. Pretty sure I'm gonna get some raccoons. (I've had a lot on my trail cams) Does anyone know of someone who would want to buy raccoon "in the round?" Should I just bag them and freeze them? Thats my plan anyway. Let me know if I should do anything special with them. I understand I won't get much for the coon bc they are "whole" but I don't want any I trap to go to waste. And no, I won't be releasing any coon. Let me know of anyone somewhat close to Mercer, PA and what should I expect to get for a coon in the round? $5.00??

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
Why not atleast skin em and freeze them?? Takes up a lot less freezer space...and will be easier to sell...skin em..roll em up..bag em..freeze em...set up a day to sell em and take them out the day prior and let them thaw..garage or barn works nice...somewhere it.doesnt get real warm but not real cold either...

Some buyers buy in the round but will dock the price a bunch..skinning coon is pretty simple...

There is a buyer up near you..forget the name...thats your best bet..call up buyers and see if they.will buy em in the round or in the grease before you start...

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
<span style="font-weight: bold">I took a few coon to Jim Stanford last week in the round. $15.00 for a jumbo, $11.00 for a medium and $3.00 for a small. $15.00 is the max for a jumbo, regardless if it's skinned or not. His # is 814-464-3530. He's open 8-3, daily. Cutt </span>

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
CuttnRun said:
I took a few coon to Jim Stanford last week in the round. $15.00 for a jumbo, $11.00 for a medium and $3.00 for a small. $15.00 is the max for a jumbo, regardless if it's skinned or not. His # is 814-464-3530. He's open 8-3, daily. Cutt
thats pretty good, wish i had a buyer like that around,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts