The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Ok question on Tagging... now that the rules have changed with the doe tags being able to be transferred who fills out that tag. Mentored Hunter or Mentor? Just want to make sure, I am a magnet for the guys in the Green so I want to make sure I am doing it all right.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I dont not see where they address nonresident status for youth. for example, If I had a nephew come in from out of state and I wanted to take him hunting, how is that handled? Is it that ANY youth can get this permit regardless of where they live?

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
Yes. You can get your nephew a mentored permit. Same fee.

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
jmdb25 said:
Ok question on Tagging... now that the rules have changed with the doe tags being able to be transferred who fills out that tag. Mentored Hunter or Mentor? Just want to make sure, I am a magnet for the guys in the Green so I want to make sure I am doing it all right.
As I read it, You tag the antlerless deer this year. You can put MY on the tag, but I do not believe it is required.

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
GalThatFishes said:
jmdb25 said:
As I read it, You tag the antlerless deer this year. You can put MY on the tag, but I do not believe it is required.
That is my understanding too. I am not sure what was on my son's doe this year because his Grandma and him filled out the tag as his Grandad and I were gutting.

·
Registered
402 Posts
If a mentored youth turns 12, does the tag that he was issued for mentored youth become null and void on his 12th birthday, or can he finish the season under the mentored youth tag, and attend the hunting/trapping class for the following year?

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
treys dad said:
If a mentored youth turns 12, does the tag that he was issued for mentored youth become null and void on his 12th birthday, or can he finish the season under the mentored youth tag, and attend the hunting/trapping class for the following year?
His MY tag becomes null and void the minute he turns 12....He'd then have to buy a junior license provided he has take nand passed the HE course.

·
Banned
4,988 Posts
I WOULD call the PGC but I think that if you have an anterless tag <span style="text-decoration: underline">you</span> can give it to a MY to use.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Can MY utilize any legal arm during rifle season, ie bow, xbow, pistol? Or are they limited only to the arm of the particular season?

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
Yes they can utilize any legal arm that is allowed during that particular season.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Question on the doe permits.

My 10yo son filled his MY buck tag last night. My question is,
" is he still allowed to shoot a doe using one of my doe tags or is he now tagged out?"

I had originally thought that he could only take one deer per season(either fill buck tag or use my doe tag, but not both), but I have read the book upside down and backwards and cannot find that being said anywhere. It only states that he uses my doe tag and checks off the "MY" block on it.

Which is it? Anyone know for sure?

I am now thinking that he can shoot both a buck and a doe, but wanna be sure.

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
He can shoot a buck with his permit and a doe using your tag. DMAP tags are not transferrable.

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
290 Posts
question on spring turkey hunting. So, i bought my daughter her mentored hunting permit and purchased a second turkey tag for mysel. If she were lucky enough to harvest a turkey in the spring, do i use one of my 2 tags on it? or does she tag it with her permit? Sorry for my question, im obviously new to this and want to make sure i get my daughter started off obeying the laws.....as getting dinged for something silly at that point, would be a shame!

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
She uses her own tag for Spring Turkey that comes with her Mentored Youth Hunting Permit. You cannot transfer a spring turkey tag to her. There is not a Mentored youth fall turkey tag, but you are able to tranfer your fall turkey tag to her. I hope this makes sense.

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Mentored Youth permit and youth uses their own tag</span>
Antlered deer
Spring Turkey

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Mentored Youth permit and youth gets a transferred tag from Mentor</span>
Fall Turkey
Antlerless Deer

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Mentored Youth permit that requires no tags</span>
Squirrel
Coyote
Groundhog

1 - 20 of 24 Posts