The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post the pics of your mentored youth - sucessful or not!

Add your pics and details.

This is not a discussion thread!

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please!!!! No comments or discussion on tis thread. Just the pics and stories.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have a picture but I can't get it from the camera. I used my kid's camera and the USB port doesn't accomodate any of my cables.

Anyway, he's 7 years old and we had a great hunt. We saw 12 deer but did not connect. God love him, the little guy got so excited when the deer would come in that he ended up spooking four of them
. Oh well....next time!!!

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
My 11 year old son, Matt, got his first squirrels this afternoon. He got 3 grays with 3 shots with the 20 gauge. Gotta figure out how to post some pictures here. This was one of my best hunting days EVER!!!!! Thanks, Pete

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Post pics to Photobucket or similar service. Use the link they provide for message boards and copy into your post.

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
This Is my great nephew and his day out with grandpa . Way to knock him down Korey

·
Registered
145 Posts
My grandson at 9 years old. Butch is very proud of his first buck he got on oct 30. He used his little parker tornado with slick tricks to make the 20 yard off hand shot. The 4 point only made it 55 yards.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Took my son Matt out for his second time for deer. 1st time was in archery with our crossbow. Saw a bunch of squirrels no deer. Poor guy came down with H1N1 the next day
. Bunch of kids in his class had it to, guess it was just a matter of time.

Took him out for squirrels and chucks a few times, and he's a great shot!

Fast forward to today, the cold rainy crappy 1st day of rifle.... I was a little worried he was gonna give up.. Stuck in there even though we didn't see anything..... Then at about 9:30 I said to him as he was wanting to go" Let's just give it a few more minutes, only takes a minute for things to happen". Then bam! Just after I said it, 2 does came in to ten yards.. He was happy as could be! They walk off and we're whispering... I hear something. Oh no a nice BIG 4 point with a 14"-15" spread and at least 6" tines is right behind us 10' from the stand.. Couldn't hear him coming with the wet leaves. Matt turns his head see's the big guy- We get busted- and he takes off before he can even react. He said" That was the coolest thing EVER!". Ended up having 4 more doe's come in at 15-20 yards. Total of 7 deer.

He was cold, Wet(we had a porta roof over us, but still got soaked) But I have never seen him happier, not even with his video games....

P.S. The buck came in right behind his right shoulder from behind a real thick patch of hemlocks....

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Here is a pic of the buck my Granddaughter Brianna got at about 11 A.M today (kids here have both 1st and 2nd day off school). She is the one who spotted the buck, we didn't have a good rest, my fault, so I had her lay down and shoot prone over a rise in the field. I had to put my fist under the forearm to give her a steady rest. Note to mentors don't do like I did, be prepared. It would have made a great u tube of a big old gray beard scrambling around in a hay field on all fours trying to get his little Granddaughter a good shooting position.

It is a 5 point, one side has a big Y and the other side is a crab claw with no brow tine.
The Red Gods blessed us again today, and yes I did thank them after I was sure he was down.

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
Great photo! Congrats to her!!

·
Registered
1,943 Posts

My son's first buck, .243 win. at around 130 yards. He's 9 years old.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Jen's 1st deer. She is 12 and her 1st time hunting. It was shot 1st day @ 10:45 AM in Beaver County. 75 yds thur the woods, hit right where it counts the most!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
My Ten year old son Sean. I have harvested many deer over my life however this is will always be one of the most special and memorable hunts. We were hunting in Beaver Co Pa and were set up in a two man ladder stand along a field. He shot just after I stopped the buck with a soft grunt at 50 yds. I was very proud of him.

Harvest with a .243 Ruger Mark II compact.

Timber

·
Registered
774 Posts
Here is one of my boys first buck , taken in montgomery co. Saturday morning before the snow. 50 yard shot.

The deer had am old injury from a vehicle on its front right.
20 gauge Mossberg bolt action.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts