The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...had the best morning in awhile with my 11 yr old !!...I dont know that it will ever get old watching the woods wake up with the kiddo...

...its more than just turkeys with us....what a great morning....

·
Premium Member
24,081 Posts
Congrats to you both

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
...he shot the first 3 from the same tree within 5 minutes or so...coulda killed 4 from it but we let the last one go..the final kill took him 4 shots(he told me not to tell anyone...lol)..the weird part is that even after the 4th shot the squirrel was still climbing away then suddenly fell!!..30 seconds or so later with no signs of it ever being hit...the autopsy proved otherwise

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
kiotee said:
...he shot the first 3 from the same tree within 5 minutes or so...coulda killed 4 from it but we let the last one go..the final kill took him 4 shots(he told me not to tell anyone...lol)..the weird part is that even after the 4th shot the squirrel was still climbing away then suddenly fell!!..30 seconds or so later with no signs of it ever being hit...the autopsy proved otherwise
Those Tree Rats can be VERY tough! Good job young man. Even after 40 years in the woods I still love to hunt Squirrels.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Congrats. Great you could get him out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts