·
Registered
7,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 6 years in the NFL he retires.

·
Registered
9,505 Posts
It sounds crazy but that is over the average life span of a NFL player. I don't want to be too judgmental becuase there could be a injury he is dealing with that we may not know about, but it lways seemed to me like the guy didn't have a lot of heart.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
You couldn't count on him on a third and one or two to get a first down ever.Was waste in my book.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
steelhead125 said:
It sounds crazy but that is over the average life span of a NFL player. I don't want to be too judgmental becuase there could be a injury he is dealing with that we may not know about, but it lways seemed to me like the guy didn't have a lot of heart.
One of the mothers of my youth wrestlers is finishing up her Ph.D. work on this subject. She told me that the average career of an NFL player is 4 years and over half spend all of their earnings within 5 years of retiring. Sadly, most of these players are going into the NFL as kids with no financial responsibility and many nowadays come from families that never had much financial responsibility. Quite a vicious cycle.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Waste of talent no heart!!
Seems to be satisfied with the millions he made!

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
if some of these people from the ghetto learned how to manage money, 5 years in the NFL would put them on easy street for the rest of their lives.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Wiz said:
steelhead125 said:
One of the mothers of my youth wrestlers is finishing up her Ph.D. work on this subject. She told me that the average career of an NFL player is 4 years and over half spend all of their earnings within 5 years of retiring. Sadly, most of these players are going into the NFL as kids with no financial responsibility and many nowadays come from families that never had much financial responsibility. Quite a vicious cycle.
Why is it sad? Most have a free college education to fall back on

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
Maybe now those dizzy spells he experienced will abate.

·
Registered
20,672 Posts
muskyman62 said:
if some of these people from the ghetto learned how to manage money, 5 years in the NFL would put them on easy street for the rest of their lives.
I know I could do it with that kind of cash.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts