The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried on a pair of Meindal 400 gram Ultralight Hunter yesterday from Cabela's. The fit was great and lightweight, 3.2 lbs, not big and bulky like many of today's boots. They reminded me of the old Timberland Guide boots of 25 or 30 years ago, which were the best hunting boots I ever had. My concern was the manufacturer tag says Made in Vietnam, I thought they were made in Germany. Anyone have these boots and their thoughts, good and bad.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Have owned Meindels from Cabelas for 6 yrs. Theyre a little heavy for hiking(did Katahdin and other summits with em tho) but besides that they were a fantastic boot. Waterproof until this past summer when I got too close with the chainsaw

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Have tackled the mountains of Alaska and BC with Meindl boots on two of the toughest hunts on the planet. Best boots I have ever owed.

·
Registered
11,143 Posts
BugleChaser said:
Have Meindel Perfekt Hikers. Best boots I have owned.
I will echo these sentiments. Lived in mine for two weeks while elk hunting CO. Use them regularly around here for hiking etc. Considering buying a second pair just to have in case something happens to these.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
What they said. I used to use thinner lighter weight boots but find as I've gotten a little older my feet are protected better and supported better in these, even though they are heavier.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Have had my pair for 3 years and I love them. In fact I found a second pair in bargain cave for $129 so now I have a backup pair. Also have a pair of sneakers. I wore them for three years daily with no issues till I caught them on a piece of metal and ripped them. $90 for a nike that lasts 6 months or $149 for 3 years....

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
BugleChaser said:
Have Meindel Perfekt Hikers. Best boots I have owned. 3 seasons of miles and miles in Colorado.. still doin great
Same here! Two seasons of heavy hiking in Colorado back country. Best boots I ever owned.

·
Super Moderator
7,757 Posts
I have Meindl Perfekt's (the 8", not the hiker). Great boots.

For hikers, I have Asolo Sasslongs, which I like a tad better than the Meindls, but it's really just preference.

Meindls are good, and if they fit properly and you take good care of them, you'll get to use the snot out of them and be well-served. If you get them, also get some Obenauf's boot wax/leather treatment. I treat mine twice a year...once before turkey season and once before archery season. Sometimes once in each season as well if the leather looks dry. It really helps keep them in tip-top condition.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts