The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a good recipe for a meat pop? Is there anything illegal to put in a meat pop?

·
Registered
653 Posts
i assume youre talking about baiting coyotes. WHat i usually do is put the meat and water in a square 15 qt. plastic tote and freeze the suckers. I use the square ones so critters cant roll the meat away. I use it mainly for trailcam pics ive tried hunting bait piles but it can be a long tedious process. I do better calling spots around where i bait and not actually the bait pile itself

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Freeze a 1/4" chain in the block and chain it tight to a tree. Find a local butcher for meat scraps when they kill for the week. Guts liver and the blood youd be in bussiness

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have expired/frozen (in sealed bags) meat from this past year. I need to get it out and start the process.

I have a chain, need to get that out.

How long does a 5 gallon bucket take to freeze outside?

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Prob a day or two in these temps

·
Registered
20,873 Posts
I'm no expert on coyotes but I rarely ever see them hitting frozen carcusses.I'm sure they do when desperate but the majority of the time they just leave them alone.

·
Registered
24 Posts
With the trailcam, does the flash spook coyote off? I would think it would and they would never go back to that spot again
Just curious

1 - 10 of 10 Posts