The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a meat grinder made by Sunmile model SM-G30

http://www.sunmile.com/productFeature.php?id=10195

During my multipile moves in the last few years somehow I lost the cap/nut that holds the blade and feed screw. I have emailed the company several times with no reply.

Can anyone direct me towards a place that I can buy this part? I have tried searching the net and local stores to no avail.

Thanks

·
Registered
362 Posts
Why not just take the parts to Lowes or Home Depot or your local hardware store and see if they can find something that would work ??? Just a suggestion...

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I was surprised at how many grinder parts were interchangeable. Might want to check Gander Mountain or Bass Pro, they both have a pretty good meat processing section.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
schr8er2000 said:
Why not just take the parts to Lowes or Home Depot or your local hardware store and see if they can find something that would work ??? Just a suggestion...
this "nut" is different than your standard threaded type. The opening is at least 1 1/2" to 2".

I have gone to several local stores (Gander, Dicks) and went on some websites like Cabelas, Bass pro shop and haven't found what I am looking for.

thanks for the help

·
Registered
753 Posts
If the company has a web sight try that instead of e-mailing them. Maybe you can get parts on their sight.

Good Luck...John

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
One other idea, go to a gun smith that has the equipment on site and have the piece made. When I had my clock shop set-up I had lathes and milling machines. Always had people come to me with strange drawings and objects to make parts.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Find a Fastenal dealer in your area. There is no nut or bolt they can't get. They can even measure for you if you take it to them. Usually, no matter how weird the threads, they have it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts