The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
currently 99-82 5 minutes left in the game wow!!!

·
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
meadville 107 dubois 90 final......OH MY!!!!!!

·
Registered
24,751 Posts
DUBOIS, Pa. (AP) -- Journey Brown ran for 722 yards and 10 touchdowns and Meadville outscored DuBois 107-90 in a high school football game Friday night.

Brown broke the Pennsylvania yardage record and fell short of the national high school record of 754 yards set by John Giannantonio for Netcong, New Jersey, in a 1950 game against Mountain Lakes.

The junior had 30 carries. Last week in a 28-7 victory over Fairview in a game called at halftime because of lightning, Brown had 151 yards and two touchdowns on 12 carries.

DuBois sophomore Matt Miller passed for a Pennsylvania-record 741 yards and had 10 touchdown passes in his first start. He completed 29 of 50 passes.

The teams combined for 1,827 yards of total offense.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
The coaches had to have made some sort of agreement to play no defense. Most NFL teams would be hard pressed to put up those points against a HS defense in a 48 minute game. I am calling shenanigans.

·
Registered
20,868 Posts
I generally don't miss any home games but missed most of this one.I showed up to pick my son up at 9:30 and they were still in the 3rd quarter,So I only got to see the last quarter.The defense on both teams seemed weak but the offense was crazy.The QB from Dubois is just a second string sophomore.That was the first game he ever started in.As far as shenanigans go,I don't think so but you never know.

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
steelerfan58 said:
The coaches had to have made some sort of agreement to play no defense. Most NFL teams would be hard pressed to put up those points against a HS defense in a 48 minute game. I am calling shenanigans.
You have to wonder how a score like that happens. The game drew national attention and makes me wonder if that's what these schools were looking for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts