The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Meadow Tea

3K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  fireinahorn 
#1 ·
Anyone hitting the stuff yet?My favorite all time summer(and winter)drink.
Saw at Black Creek Greenhouse in East Earl have about 15-18 varities.
I have 4 types.

#4 ·
We are on our 2nd batch of tea. I planted a patch, the only problem is trying to keep it from spreading out of control. Also good for making Mojitos. My wife brings the tea up to a boil and then turns off the burner and lets it sit for a while. Your whole house will smell good. After it cools some, strain out the tea and the we sugar it to taste while still warm, the sugar disolves much better in hot water than cold. After it gets cold, put it in your containers and put in the fridge. It won't last long.

#11 ·
My wife makes a container just for her unsweetened and uses Stevia after she pours a glass. I tasted some, I is close to sugar and no aftertaste or pucker factor. You could try Agavesyrup, google it. I would worry about maple syrup imparting a flavor.

#15 ·
Was inspired by this thread, and decided to give it a try...delicious!!

I didn't measure, but by rough estimate, I used 2 cups (packed) spearmint for 2 quarts of water. The whole fam loved it, so I don't think a lot of adjustment is needed. I'd bet this tastes good with a shot or 2 of bourbon, similar to a mint julep?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.