The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your thoughts on MDing in the mountains of PA? I have access to a bunch of private mountain land. Been thinking about going for a walk there with the machine. There is a bunch of old trails and old logging roads.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've only been doing this for 2 weeks, but this is what I've been doing, I have found some pretty neat stuff, some stuff I don't know what it is and a lot of junk, I beleive you will be amazed at how much scrap iron/steel is laying out there in the mountains in the middle of nowhere, I know I was.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
I live next to the Gallitzin State Forest. There are 2 marked logging camps in the forest that were active from 1901 to 1910. I found some cut nails there along with a Windber Beer bottle. They went out of business with the start of prohibition. Of course the metal detector did not pick up the bottle but ran across it digging for the nails. I keep hoping to run across some old coins but none yet.

·
Registered
365 Posts
The wife and I have been working on our OLD house, removing lathe and plaster, etc......we have plenty of those nails if you need some, lol!!!!

That bottle is a cool find!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts