The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else heading out!? Going to go out for the morning hunt then back to PA for afternoon flinter hunt. Good luck anyone else heading out! Big bucks and does are on the menu for today's hunt!

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well my mornig hunt came to an abrupt end... pulled outta drive way, flat tire... (Insert censored word of your choice) spent 30 minutes trying to break the tire free from the rotors.. got lug nuts off, but tire still stuck. beat on it with a heavy hammer... didn't budge... tried penetrant... waiting my dad to get off work and come over now. looks like i'm changing my plans to flinter hunting locally in the AM and hunt MD this eve....

·
Registered
197 Posts
If its the front tire, put lug nuts back on tire loosely and lower truck back on ground then turn steering wheel back and forth.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SMS said:
If its the front tire, put lug nuts back on tire loosely and lower truck back on ground then turn steering wheel back and forth.
Tried it... tried penetrant, laying a board against the back of the tire and hitting it with a hammer, a sledge hammer, a crowbar.... tire wouldn't budge. Was able to get an air compressor from my brother, and the tire held air long enough to limp my way to my mechanics... unfortunatley they won't be able to get to it until Monday.. blows my saturday for hunting...

·
Registered
10,953 Posts
I had that happen on a few cars. When I get it off I sand the hub and wheel and the use Never-Freeze on both. It has never happened on the road...only the driveway. On the road could be a real problem.

Good luck!

·
Registered
853 Posts
I was down today, Saturday, in Frederick county. Saw a flock of turkeys and at least two red fox maybe three. Lots of squirrels. No deer but saw a few tracks.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Retiredusne8 said:
Is this a Ford product?
yup. first time i've ever NOT been able to get a tire off of it when changing/rotating tires... Words were flying that woulda had an old Navy sailor blushing!

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Hunted Sika on Friday, whitetail on Saturday. Didn't take any shots but saw animals both days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts