The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I would like to know if anyone here has been to or has information about Mayflower Outfitters in Newfoundland for Moose. I have searched the net and found some positive feedback.

Thank you in advance for the feedback.

Pete

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I spoke to a few hunters that had hunted with Mayflower on the ferry back from Newfoundland, they all gave me positive feedback. A couple years later, when I decided to go back to Newfoundland, I tried for 3 months to get in touch with Mayflower, and they wouldn't return my e-mails or phone calls, so I moved on and found a different outfitter. Hope you have better luck than me setting your trip up.

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
can't help you with Mayflower, but highly recommend Brophy and Son's. I hunted with them in September. are you driving up?

·
Super Moderator
4,882 Posts
Huntnut...I don’t know where you live, but look into driving to Toronto and catching your flight from there. You can fly direct to Deer Lake from there. Not sure about Gander. You’ll cut the price of your flight by 50%. Little worry about losing your bags on a nonstop flight. Plus, it’s easier to do your gun registration+ customs stuff at a border crossing like Peace Bridge than it is at an airport. I believe all flights into Newfoundland are AirCanada, and all from the states originate in Toronto. I’ve flown there 9 times for moose...drove it once. I’ll never drive it again. From Butler, I can be at the airport in Toronto in 5 1/2 hours, and that includes border crossing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts