The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new at the crossbow world, seeing many choices. im liking the Barnett Predator Crossbow. anybody have any comments about the bow? or what else should i k
look at. i want it for deer hunting.

·
Registered
333 Posts
my girlfriends dad bought the barnett wildcat C5. It shoots real nice and is not a bad price. He got it for my girlfriend to use and she really likes it. It did not take long to set up and it shoots great. She shot a doe with it last weekend. she loves it. i have shot it a few times just to see what it is like. THey are a nice bow for the price.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I would go to Cabelas or some place that allows you to hold or shoot one first, It made a word of difference when I bought one

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Give me a call. I can tell you what to watch out for and make some reccomendations for you, based on your style of hunting. I'm here to help, regardless of where you decide to buy. Click the link below.

·
Registered
79 Posts
i was thinking of a wildcat until i started reading about all of the problems that barnett is having.

i was advised to stick with the more reputable brands that offer lifetime warranties.

so far i am very pleased with my parker tornado.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I'm with the last to guys! The Tornado is a great shooter.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
huntergoldie08 said:
what problems is barnett having??? none that im aware of..??
It appears they are using cast metal for thier risers. Most of the ones I have seen are coming apart at the riser. (the risers crack and seperate) Do an internet search, there is plenty of good information out there.

I don't personally think it's a great quantity of bows doing this, and it may be, that this issue is related to user error. I just think that for me....I wouldn't hang $600 on a one year warranty. JMHO

·
Registered
79 Posts
huntergoldie08 said:
what problems is barnett having??? none that im aware of..??
similar to what arrowhead just said about the risers. i also heard the customer service is very poor.

i should also add that i have no first hand experience with barnett. this is just info i found while researching crossbows earlier this year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts