The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone hearing any? Had one sneak in silent behind my wife and My blind. Started spitting and drumming maybe 10-15 yards behind us. But never came around for a shot

·
Premium Member
24,169 Posts
Didn’t hear a thing today

·
Registered
249 Posts
Was a beautiful morning in washington county. Heard 4 at first lite and called in 2. Not alot of gobbling but they came in quick when they decided to commit. I killed nice 2 yo at 730am with thick 8” beard and 1” spurs at 30 yds with super x win 6 shot. Dropped like a stone and never flopped. This was first turkey i took usng a red dot and i am sold. Btw killed on gamelands.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Not a peep for the 6th day in a row. Hard to believe with all the ground i have covered in many areas and not a single gobble. I live in farm country and have yet to even see a hen in a field all spring.

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
Since I had a meeting down in Wv this morning for work. I was able to stay at camp in Ohio and hunt. Didn’t hear anything on the roost and after doing some walking I found a couple birds gobbling. Had to cross over to another mountain but it was worth it as a few calls and this jake was in my lap.

Untitled by cspot12, on Flickr

·
Super Moderator
14,272 Posts
If my hearing wasn't so poor I suspect my turkey hunting success would be better. I simply don't hear them as far out as I used to. Now they have to be pretty close. Then when I do hear one I can't figure out which direction to go to closer to it. Half the time when setting up I don't even know which direction to be facing.

That happened again twice today. I hear gobblers and couldn't figure out which direction they were. When I started the direction I thought they were I couldn't hear them any longer.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
If my hearing wasn't so poor I suspect my turkey hunting success would be better. I simply don't hear them as far out as I used to. Now they have to be pretty close. Then when I do hear one I can't figure out which direction to go to closer to it. Half the time when setting up I don't even know which direction to be facing.

That happened again twice today. I hear gobblers and couldn't figure out which direction they were. When I started the direction I thought they were I couldn't hear them any longer.

Dick Bodenhorn
Not sure about up where you are but the vegetation is really getting thick and tall down here. Turkey that sound far away sometimes really aren't that far now.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts

Dick Bodenhorn
Ever tried a Game Ear? Had a buddy experiencing the same problems as you and he bought a Game Ear and said he should've done it 10 years earlier. He has no problems now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts