The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Im headed out in 10 mins...gotta a bird living on ridge shelf and traveling threw a hollow between two property's..trying to fill second tag,Goodluck to everyone.

·
Super Moderator
12,829 Posts
Good luck All! The fat lady is warming up her voice...

On my way to work at 6...the heat and humidity and early sunriE is brutal....but I did spot a strutter...wish I had more time to stop and glass him..could be wrong but his fan and body looked huge..sun was rising behind him..maybe an optic illusion..but I'd have loved to taken a look!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Seen a hen, havnt heard a single gobble here in 4c. Theres a guy trying to start a fire with his box call off to my left. Wild. Public land i guess. Just as im pushing submit one just gobbled didnt sound like really good gobble though maybe a jake.

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Patience finally paid off. I never gave up on this guy.He,s a Brute,23# 9.5" beard,1.25 spurs.Keep after em boys and girls.Good luck.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Congrats to the successful hunters this morning. I had a nice long beard in close enough I could smell his breath, just could not make it happen with the bow this morning.

·
Registered
18 Posts
aswallace911 said:
Seen a hen, havnt heard a single gobble here in 4c. Theres a guy trying to start a fire with his box call off to my left. Wild. Public land i guess. Just as im pushing submit one just gobbled didnt sound like really good gobble though maybe a jake.
Guess that guy started the fire.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Score in the Michaux. Called one in for my buddy. 8" beard, 1" spurs, and a light weight of 16.5 lbs. Didn't gobble once but came in on a sprint with another tom. Only one bird left. That makes 1 longbeard for me and two for different buddies. Going out Monday to try to fill tag # 2.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
All quiet in northern Tioga.Did see 3 bucks in stumpy velvet.I hope to get out Monday for one more try...A few hunters reporting seeing rattlers his past week on SGL 37.Little chilling seeing the size of them on phone video.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I didn't weigh him but he was a 2 year old with 3/4 inch Spurs and 10 inch beard. I'm guessing he wasn't the dominant bird in the trio as he was willing to leave the live hen.

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
Was out this morning like I have been all week and haven't heard a gobble on the roost since I killed my first bird the first Thursday. I've heard a bird gobble about once a week but they only gobble once ! one bird at 8am the next at 10am but nothing to follow up on ! But I'll be out Monday morning trying to fill my 2nd tag. I work 2nd shift and hunt almost everyday even in the rain !!

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Birds gobbled on the roost and a few times when they hit the ground then all went quiet for me...I'll be back out Mon morning....then it's fishing and get my boat cleaned up...this second tag is a jinx for me...lol

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Got one at camp yesterday morning in Bald Eagle State Forest. Got set up tight on him in the roost, made a couple soft calls and he pitched down right in front of me. He didn't have much weight to him but had an 11" beard.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts