The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
1,830 Posts
Had an awesome morning hunt with a good buddy this morning. Called in a longbeard and 2 jakes in textbook fashion, right off the roost. One of the most action-packed hunts I've had all season. In the excitement, he may have accidently shot the wrong gobbler but.....
It didn't detract from the experience one bit.

Anyone who says it's over is a fool, this last week is always my favorite. Remember, you aren't going to hear them near as far away as you did a month ago. A turkey could be gobbling his head off at 3-400 yards and you may never hear it. Keep moving until you find one and chances are, he'll want to play.

Good luck, 4 days left!

· Registered
358 Posts
SnoodStretcher said:
Remember, you aren't going to hear them near as far away as you did a month ago. A turkey could be gobbling his head off at 3-400 yards and you may never hear it.
Just curious what you mean by this.

Are you saying that, with all the extra green that's shot up over the past few weeks, sound carries less distance...?

· Registered
358 Posts
I was out Thursday where I filled my first tag, in Washington County.

Didn't hear a thing all morning, in a coupla spots I like. Didn't see a turkey until I was driving out, and saw a bachelor group of four in a field ~5 miles from my hunting grounds.

Maybe Monday or Tuesday will work!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.