The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good luck to everyone who still has a tag. Very disappointed with the first stop of the morning dead silence.

·
Registered
463 Posts
My 10yo (normal shooter) wanted to sleep in today, so my 7yo got his first chance to tag along.

My first time with the gun this season. Brought one a long way off the roost to us. Watched him strut back and forth for 15 minutes at what I thought was a bit too far.

Couldn’t get him the last 10 yards I wanted. Just paced it, 45 yards. Should’ve shot him!

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Setting on the porch having coffee w the wife, one hammering behind the house. Every time he gobbles she gives me the " he is taunting you look" Good luck fellas, we just about done chasing them.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Hunted with my father inlaw this morning. Heard more gobbling today than any other day, heard probabaly 10 to 12 different birds. Had two close calls but could seal the deal. Birds were very responsive to calling.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
1 gobble this morning as soon as I got back to the truck. Only gobble heard all day and covered over 4 miles. Starting to get a little frustrating after such a good beginning of the year.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Got a decent 2 year bird today at 730. They were really fired up with hearing at least 6 birds. Last weekend just heard 2 jakes in the same spot.
One gobbled put in the field at 630 and saw him but he was in a hurry and went over the hill strutting. Came back a little way later with 2 friends.
They were moving quick again so shot wasn’t the best being behind me and ended up hitting the upper breast and neck and he went down hard at 45-50 yards. Pretty impressed with the Longbeard Xr in #4’s.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
The last two mornings were very productive here in my area. Two quick, before-work hunts ended in a couple buddies toting gobblers out.

5 days left! Anyone with a tag, don’t give up!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts