The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good luck everyone, looks like another nice morning!

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Just had one gobbling but he had hens with him and they decided to take him away from me ! The hens didn't want to play ! This is the first gobble I've heard since the first week ! I'm sticking close to this one in hopes of the hens leaving this old boy alone ! I do have to be at work by 2:30 though ! Hopefully I can sweet talk him into checking me out !

·
Super Moderator
24,073 Posts
TurkeyMike said:
Another day of NOTHING for me.
Same here I'm done
Gonna get the fishing gear out

·
Registered
912 Posts
Talked with a longbeard this morning for a few hours but he kept moving away from me. I tried to circle out ahead of him and did catch a glimpse of him crossing a dirt road by a camp. Just didn't want to play. Had a small buck within 5 yards of me when I was sitting which was cool. Tomorrows another day. Gnats were nasty.

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Moss said:
TurkeyMike said:
Another day of NOTHING for me.
Same here I'm done
Gonna get the fishing gear out
I'm going to give it heck until the end. Its only a few more days and we have good flow on the streams, So june 1 Ill be back to the fishing gear.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Actually had one maybe two answering me. Thought it might work as there was good gobbling for a short while. Then heard yelping and clucking. I had exchange with the hen but then everything got quiet. Left went and picked up father in law at 8:00 and tried another spot until 10:30 and heard zip.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Had a longbeard going for hour and a half this morning, with a brief cat nap in between! Watched him strut around and gobble at every call at a 100yds. He disappeared and went silent, game on.

Rewind to Saturday. Watched 2 longbeards strut around with a 8" bearded hen and a regular hen 80yds from today's set up and the exact same set up where, same tree to be exact, I called in my longbeard and a double bearded longbeard the first Monday of the season. So I knew there was big boys still in the area!

Back to today. I catch a red head coming into the woods and making a beeline to my decoy. I then see another red head following the first, my thought was the two longbeards! So I get the gun ready on the first opening and when the red head centers in my crosshairs at 29yds I squeeze the trigger, the bird drops! I walk up and look to my left and see 2 jakes standing at 30yds gobbling at me. First thought, oh no what have I done! I look down and see I shot a Jake! I smile at the other 2 jakes and they walk away and I realize I finished my season with a delicious eating bird! I'm very happy and thank the man up stairs for a beautiful morning and a beautiful turkey. He had a 6" beard, 1/2" spurs and weighed 17lbs. 2nd tag couldn't of been filled on a more beautiful day! I got off work this morning after a 12hr shift at 0600 and shot my turkey at 0929, who honestly could ask for more??

I'd post a pic but photobucket is acting up!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts