The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost started this one last night after I put one to bed on new (to me) public ground. Two came by at 60 yards checked out the decoy didn't spook but I'm hoping they we're just dead set on going to roost as it was late...now I'm set up in the same location with an adjustment to make a shot easier than it would have been yesterday but they'll find a way to come in on my six...I'm 22 years old been hunting birds since I was 10 (mentor youth) but this is the first year I can say I'm Adam and I'm a turkey addict I've had a dozen 330 wake ups and a couple evening hunts all the close calls and action you can think of but nothing on the ground good luck to all

·
Super Moderator
13,514 Posts
Hear a gobbler sounding off yesterday morning. The neighbor cut a large tree and when the gobbler heard it crash to the ground around 1 PM he started gobbling again.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was probably 80 yards from the roost didnt want to push it go to check out the roost site after they move off as I'm learning the area and a guys set up on it don't know what to think of it he wasn't rude but certainly not interested in small talk just said he couldn't get a good shot understandable I back out but unsure how to play tomorrow am he was in the better spot but I'd feel like a goon trying to beat him to it and don't want to do the same setup that didn't work again

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Took 3 different spots but I finally got on one. Time was running short, had to get to work, went for broke, he caught me moving. Was nice to get on a gobbling bird though. Weird year for me with gobbling birds thats for sure.

·
Registered
19,667 Posts
Our season is one of the latest in the country............

1 - 7 of 7 Posts