The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else out???

I'm in the spot I had the action on Friday. Not a peep this morning. Weighing my options.

·
Banned
1,186 Posts
Im out....they were really talking in here Saturday morning not a peep yet at 6:04. Watching a mostly white skunk dig around in a pasture field right now.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I decided to sit tight... which is something I never do when it's quiet. There's fresh turkey poo on the trail. I can hear several ridges from here and can be heard from here. Maybe one will fire up.

Typically if they don't talk on the limb it's usually just a quiet day though.

Just mind blowing this spot had more gobblers than I could count Friday morning.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Update all $#&- broke loose at 6.05
Had 5 different birds gobbling around me at 6.15 I see a white head pop over the rise then a fullfan then another fullfan with gobbling from my hard right.

So I watch the two come.from the front left silent and took the biggest one for a ride at 630

10.5 beard
1 1/4 spur
1 1/8 spur
Weigh was about 16 to 17 #

Not a bad day for only being my second time out with a gun. I've only got 2 hr in this year

Attachments

·
Registered
966 Posts
I worked on one this morning for about an hour. He was roosted below me and I was tucked in the edge of a cornfield. He made his way up to my left about 80-100 but wasn't quite into the field yet when two hens made there way across the field toward him and cut down in his direction. That was the last I heard of him for the morning. Heard one other one later which I'm positive was a jake. Sounded like he was choking. Lol!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts