The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone go out today. I sat in a blind over a turned field until 1. Had a jake come in hot around 9 and a few straggler hens the rest of the day. It was miserable out. I'm getting very disgusted. Toughest season I can remember!

·
Banned
1,186 Posts
Was thinking about going for a bit after work here. Been seeing them in the fields leaving work. May do a drive by first. Crappy weather kept me from going this morning and probably tomorrow morning too.

·
Registered
675 Posts
My son was out the whole first week and he heard 14 differant birds in the area he s been hunting but same thing gobble on roost and shut up the rest of day. Been his worst season he s had, hes killed 2 each yr since they allowed the 2 tags. and he s the only one hunting these birds. I figure there henned up. I been working in WV and the week before our season came in they where gobbling all day long down there that week, but I haven t heard a gobble since our season came in.

·
Premium Member
24,169 Posts
I didn’t go today but I will the rest of the week

·
Super Moderator
14,272 Posts
I spent the first couple hours this morning sitting in the truck listening to the rain beating on the roof of the truck. Once the rain slacked off I went in about a mile and half. Didn't hear anything. The rain started harder again so I road back to the truck and went home.

Hopefully the rain is finished before tomorrow morning.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Registered
21,558 Posts
Seriously? We've had more rain tis year than last? That's hard to believe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts