The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
I snuck into the woods where I heard a bird fly up last night. There were two birds there and I was 60 yards from them. They never gobbled, and they flew down at 5:40. At about 7:00 I moved down near where I shot a longbeard on Tuesday. I'm sitting about 10 yards from some fresh scratching a and heard some hens about 16 minutes ago. If I can't get a gobbler started in the next half hour. I think I'll go home and get to work making some turkey calls. I have orders for 9 that I need to fill.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
dce said:
It's the same every year if you go back and look at the old threads.Every year it turns into a strange year after the first week.
^^^^THIS!^^^^

Every year is different, but hunters are the same. By the end of the first week many are complaining that the season was too early or too late. No one ever says "This season was right where it should be, starting and stopping in perfect timing with gobbler activity." Nope. No one ever says that.

Steve.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.