The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone giving it a go today? I'm working until 8 but if the rain holds off I am going to give it a quick try!

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Decided to stay home this morning. Been out almost everyday and havent heard a peep since the first day. Not worth getting wet over quiet birds

·
Premium Member
24,151 Posts
Slept in today again will go out tomorrow

·
Registered
55 Posts
Worked one off the roost to the field, but wouldn't commit to my decoys. Then a hen popped up over the rise and took her with him. Actually worked out b/c I was almost late for work. He gobbled good.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Got in a blind I have set up along two turned corn fields right before the skies opened up. Around 8:30 I heard one gobble behind me one time. I called and he fired back. 15 minutes later him and a hen pop out to my right about 100 yards and feed toward me very slowly but only get to about 75 and cut back in the woods. They definitely saw my spread but it made no difference. Saw another bird way out in the other end of the field at 11 but couldn't tell. Got home and had to go grocery shopping and on my way there were strutters out everywhere!

·
Super Moderator
14,202 Posts
Hunted in the rain this morning. My hearing is so bad I don't hear them when the rain isn't pounding on the leaves so I wasn't surprised not to hear anything while it was raining. But, about 8:00 the rain quit and it wasn't too bad a morning. I had a tad over eight miles on the bike this morning and never heard a bird. There was no scratching, tracks or scat anywhere along this game lands road where I have had good success during past years.

That is the third morning this season and second in a row that I didn't hear a gobble.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Banned
2,004 Posts
My friend says their gobbling like crazy over on Kieffer Hill Rd. GHH. :turkey_track:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts