The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I had a bird come to the field corner behind me and spit and drum for 15 minutes before feeding out into the field and not paying me any mind. Hurt my feelings, so he did. If he does it again this morning, he'll have a surprise waiting when he gets there.

Good luck to y'all!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Good luck to those going! I get off at 0600 and we work 12's so my next day might be tomorrow after work. Def be out Thursday!

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
Been sitting against a tree listening to coyotes howl a few hundred yards away, and a barred owl in the distance for 30 mins. Already have my locators working, just need a gobble to chase now. Good luck fellas!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just got setup on a new property that I know holds birds. It's raining here but hopefully that won't mess them up. Good luck everyone and safe hunting

·
Super Moderator
12,829 Posts
Decided to stay at my buddies camp after work last night and hunt a spot 45mins away.."on the way home".

Never hunted it but it's crawling with turkey sign...

Probably a great decision...I'm on a personal day and it's storming at home..

Don't plan to come back to the truck so I'm taking the 870 just in case it does come this way...which means it probably won't rain and I will have one in my lap...

Good luck all!

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Worked until 4. Decided to go straight to the field with the blind. Its a steady drizzle here in 1a. Im set up where dad killed a nice one on saturday. I hope to have the same luck. See what happens.

Good luck and stay dry.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
7 hens and a real nice longbeard. 5 of the hens came right in. The tom decided he liked the woods better. Will give it some time and see if he gets curious.

·
Super Moderator
12,829 Posts
Tag #1 filled at 0650hrs. Good plan and worth a personal day...technically I could still go in but I need sleep.

Don't regret taking the 870. Sprinkled a bit before I shot him..and farther than my self imposed 30yd flintlock limit till I pattern it more...

Pics and story to come...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Heard 3 this morning so I'm not gonna complain for what it's been around here. Busted a big tom off the roost that wasn't making a peep as I was walking toward the gobbling birds. That kinda screwed the area up for the first hour that I could hunt. Will give that spot a break tomorrow and go see if my friend can connect tomorrow morning. Good luck to those still out there

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Had two on the roost that were very vocal. Hit the ground and zipped up. Found another one around 8:00 who was talking but just wouldn't commit. I really thought that second setup was a dead bird.

·
Premium Member
24,211 Posts
Didn't hear a peep this morning

1 - 20 of 24 Posts